Friday 23 November 2012

Disability & Society



Hello, my name is Sal otherwise known as ‘Technology Sal’ and yes, you guessed it I love technology.
Some say technology is the route of all evil, GIVE ME A BREAK!
Technology; it’s today. It’s 2012. Its NOW.
I am going to tell you a little bit about the Apple iPhone 4S, I know it isn’t the latest iPhone but lets be clear its “awesome.” With its great feature Siri which allows you to simply talk to your phone. It does everything! We’re lazy so hey... you’ve got to love it. No need to get your hands cold just talk away, give it instructions, be the boss!
Texting is like breathing with Siri you just speak the text and Siri will write it, how cool is that.
Now, on a serious note the iPhone 4S unlike other pieces of technology is accessible for people with sensory impairments. The VoiceOver feature being a huge assistance to blind and visually impaired users. Apple have thought of the disabled whilst creating this product and this feature, which is one of many I may add shows us their concern and efforts.
Being visually impaired, blind or having any form of disability usually means that we are forgotten or ignored and it is humbling that a big international brand such as Apple has not let this happen.
I am very passionate on the topic of disability and society which is one of the reasons why I have written this because I want others to realise that there are people and companies out there who do think about disability and do their best to help. I have used the iPhone 4S for 12 months now and I really appreciate it. In general all Apple products are very good but as a disabled person myself who is registered blind I really recommend this product to fellow visually impaired or blind people.
Having a disability at times is very stressful and can leave one to feel alone and left out, I have experienced this myself but when a brand such as Apple give so much attention and care to making their products accessible to everyone that feeling of anxiety disappears. Overall a final message is to all my readers whether you have a disability or not, never let anything or anyone stop you, if you have a dream no matter what it maybe you can definitely achieve it through dedication and commitment.
I may be blind but I have a vision

Thank you for reading

Written by:
TheBlindJournalist – Mohammed Salim Patel
flavors.me/theblindjournalist

No comments:

Post a Comment